You must collect and retain detailed fuel receipts and/or invoices. This proof of purchase must include date of the purchase, the seller’s name and address, number of gallons purchased, fuel type purchased, price per gallon, unit numbers of vehicle and purchaser’s name. IFTA-qualified vehicles travel in more than one jurisdiction and are designed or maintained to transport people or property and …
- One decal must be placed on the exterior portion of the passenger side of the cab.
- In lieu of licensing under the IFTA, persons may elect to satisfy motor fuels use tax obligations on a trip-by-trip basis.
- In order to qualify as a recreational vehicle, the vehicle shall not be used in connection with any business endeavor.
- To have a seamless operation into the new calendar year, we encourage you to file your renewal application with your base jurisdiction well before December 31, 2022.
Online users can file quarterly and pay through WisCRS, our online system. See the how-to video posted at the top of this page for step by step instructions on how to file the quarterly report online. Non online users must complete the form and mail with appropriate fees (see instructions) to the address below.
My IFTA License expires December 31, but I’ve heard there is an extension until the last day of February. Is this true?
If you do not travel outside of Michigan and/or do not have vehicles exceeding 26,000lbs (GVW), you do NOT need IFTA. Please refer to publication 50, California IFTA, Guide to the International Fuel Tax Agreement https://turbo-tax.org/my-fuel-tax/ for more information regarding filing online. If at any time you need assistance with topics included in this guide – or with topics we may have not included – feel free to contact us by telephone or email.
A temporary fuel use permit is available to freight motor vehicles operated over the highways of Tennessee on an occasional or infrequent basis. The permit may be issued for a period of time not to exceed seven consecutive days and shall be valid only for the particular vehicle for which it has been issued. The 7-Day Temporary Fuel Use Permit is required prior to entering Tennessee. In lieu of licensing under the IFTA, persons may elect to satisfy motor fuels use tax obligations on a trip-by-trip basis.
How to get a copy of a previously filed IFTA return
The state will collect the taxes on net fuel use, process fuel tax returns, and distribute the funds to all the other states. If you operate intrastate motor vehicles, a fuel tax account, https://turbo-tax.org/ MCFT license, and MCFT decals are required. If you qualify for IFTA but do not choose to register, you must obtain fuel trip permits to travel into or through each member jurisdiction.
Tax returns are required even if no operations were conducted or no taxable fuel was used during the reporting period. Returns that are not filed or not paid in full are considered late and will be assessed penalty and interest. When filing a tax return, a licensee may apply the fuel overpayment generated in one jurisdiction to the taxes owed for another jurisdiction. The IFTA license offers several benefits to the interstate/inter-jurisdictional motor carrier. These benefits include one license, one set of decals per vehicle, and one quarterly fuel tax report per licensee that reflects the net tax or refund due. These advantages result in cost and time savings for the carrier and the member jurisdictions.
The .gov means it’s official
For more information please contact your local DMV office directly. California Fuel Trip Permits are available for purchase using online services. The Resources section provides links to helpful information and resources, including forms and publications, statutory and regulatory information, and access to live help from our customer service representatives. Each section of this guide contains information important to your business. Helping your business succeed is important to the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA).
- California Fuel Trip Permits are available for purchase using online services.
- The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more.
- Secondly, drivers can manually submit their fuel purchases as well as upload photos of fuel receipts from the Motive App.
- If you do not travel outside of Michigan and/or do not have vehicles exceeding 26,000lbs (GVW), you do NOT need IFTA.
- See DOR’s guidance on ELDs and audit tips to help ensure you keep accurate records.
- Each section of this guide contains information important to your business.
The first time you log onto the IFTA / Intrastate E-File System set up your account by clicking on First Time Filer. Enter your NCDOR ID and your access code. The IFTA license and decals are valid for a calendar year, January 1 to December 31. Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Late payments are subject to a penalty of $50 or 10% of the total tax due. New decals will be supplied to your fleet whenever you renew your IFTA license, which is done annually.